The Platform is owned and operated by Meraas Concierge LLC as Your Concierge and Just Ask Your Concierge (together “we”, “us” , “Your Concierge” or Just Ask Your Concierge”) in the United Arab Emirates.
Meraas Concierge LLC a limited liability company incorporated under the laws of the United Arab Emirates, with commercial license number 768370 and its registered office at PO Box 123311, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Information we may collect
- information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person;
- Contact details including name, delivery address, phone number, email address, billing information, date of birth, gift recipient details, gender, nationality and request preferences;
- Statistical information including your location, any redirection URL you use to access our Platform, browser or device type, your computer’s IP address, username and domain type, which pages you visited, search terms you entered, items you clicked on;
- Transactional information including requests you have placed, items you have purchased, the date and time of orders and requests as well as orders and requests you decided not to complete or, preferences you have indicated to us, product preferences, 3rd party suppliers chosen;
- Information in relation to any other person you make a request or order on behalf of;
- information you supply to us via online or offline surveys, competitions or product registration; and
- any other information you provide to us under our agreement with you (“Agreement“);
together your “Personal Information”.
How we use the Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to:
- provide services and customer support to you;
- measure and improve our services to you
- prevent illegal activities and implement the Agreement;
- troubleshoot problems;
- collect fees; and
- provide you with promotional emails and verify information you give us with third parties.
We may also collect information when you visit our Platform in order to understand user behaviors and be able to serve you better.
The way we use the Personal Information includes:
- for any purpose associated with the processing or fulfillment of your orders and/or request and/or to provide any service you request from us;
- to verify and execute financial transactions you make through the Platform, including procuring credit checks or performing fraud detection;
- to assist you with your customer service queries or provide information you have requested;
- to manage your account;
- to provide you with a personalized or improved user experience;
- for analytical and/or statistical purposes;
- for marketing purposes including communicating promotional information about us, our partners, our affiliates and our websites, through newsletters and online ads. This is subject to whether you have opted out of receiving such communications;
- for online or offline surveys, competitions or product registration, receive promotional emails about our products, services, events
- to improve our service offering and/or Platform;
- emails announcing changes to, and new features on, the Platform;
- to combine it with information we already hold lawfully through other sources;
- to protect our rights, safety or the safety of others including for fraud prevention; and
- for any purpose required by law or regulation; and
- to provide you with any other services we think may be of interest to you.
Though we make every effort to preserve your privacy, we may need to disclose the Personal Information to law enforcement agencies, government agencies or other third parties where we are compelled so to do by court order or similar legal procedure; where we are required to disclose the Personal Information to comply with law; where we are cooperating with an ongoing law enforcement investigation or where we have a good faith belief that our disclosure of your personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate a possible violation of the Agreement.
Retention of Personal Information
How long we hold the Personal Information for will vary and depend on:
- The purpose for which we are using the Personal Information. We will need to keep the Personal Information for as long as is necessary for the relevant purpose; and
- Legal obligation – laws and/or regulation may set a minimum period for which we have to keep the Personal Information.
We will ensure that the Personal Information that we hold is subject to appropriate security measures.
Transfer of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may provide your Personal Information to third parties including third party services providers of the information system that require access to the Personal Information within the system to provide such services.
If you are located in the European Union / European Economic Area (EU/EEA) you are expressly informed that some of recipients of Personal Information may be based in countries located outside the EU/EEA. If your Personal Information is transferred outside EU/EEA, we will ensure it is protected and transferred in a manner consistent with the legal requirements applicable to that Personal Information.
Under application information protection laws, you have rights:
- Of access to, rectification of, and/or erasure of your Personal Information;
- To restrict or object to its processing;
- To tell us that you do not wish to receive information;
- In some circumstances, to require certain of your Personal Information to be transferred to you or a third party;
- To withdraw your consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on your consent prior to such withdrawal.
To exercise your rights, you can contact us as set out below. You can also lodge a complaint about our processing of your Personal Information with an information protection authority.
Your Payment/Card details
Please note that your full payment card details are temporarily captured only for the purposes of processing your transaction but are not stored, sold or rented by us. Your full payment card details are not available to our staff.
All card transactions are managed by trusted, certified and legally authorized partners who are responsible for ensuring that your temporarily received payment-related details remain secure during the payment process.
- Like many websites, the Platform uses ‘cookie’ technology (small computer files placed on your computer’s hard drive). When you go to particular website pages on the Platform, the cookie identifies your browser with a unique, random number.
- The cookies we use do not reveal any Personal Information you. Cookies help us improve your experience of the Platform and also help us understand which parts of the Platform are the most popular. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Platform.
Statement of Consent
Where you provide the information of a third party to us, you are expressly confirming that you have their consent to do so.
If, at any time, you decide that you do not wish to receive any such emails, you can opt out of receiving such emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of the emails.
If you have a question that is not answered here, or if you would like more information about how we collect, use and store your personal information.
You can contact us at any time by emailing our data protection officer at customerservice@
Call us +971 4 378 8468 or writing to the Privacy Team at MERAAS CONCIERGE LLC, PO Box 123311